Here’s a very enjoyable and informative clip on the hidden meanings of Yin and Yang in a cartoon format from John Bellaimey.
Archives for May 2015
The lightness of your step relates directly to the lightness of your energy, emotions and thoughts and vice versa, though lightness does not mean airiness. Every footstep must make intelligent contact with the ground.The soles of your feet are important receptors which collect information from the ground.
- Residents Age Range: 81-96 years old
- Pilot Study Duration: 6 weeks
- Sessions: 30 minutes – 3 times a week
- Total sessions: 16
- Pulse taken: 3 times during each session – resting – mid way – end of session
- Total participants: 6 high care residents
- Attendance: 4 residents = 16/16, 1 resident = 10/16, 1 resident 9/16
These numbers plus other statistics and feedback will be part of the report I’m now putting together to determine if the following aims of the study were met:
- increase in leg strength
- improved balance
- achieved cardiovascular workout
- enhanced emotional and pyschological well being
If you are interested in the final report please contact me and I’ll email you a copy – there’s no charge for the report.