The inner smile is an effective way of reducing tension in the body and the face.
I use a simplified version of the ‘inner smile’ technique as part of my training.
It can be done either sitting or standing.
Here’s how to to do it;
- align your body correctly
- breathe slowly and deeply
- slightly raise the corners of your mouth to form a smile
- guide the chi (energy) from the smile to any tense areas of the body or face
- Feel the chi dissolve any tension
The benefits of the inner smile are;
- in training – stops you from grimacing which can lead to tension and poor performance of your skills
- in general – makes you feel good and sends out good chi to people you commincate with
So don’t forget, put a smile on your dial with your inner smile!
Source: Tai Chi tip #9