Here are the details:
Aged Care Chair Chi Training Program
Ideal one day workshop/s for carers, diversional therapists, physiotherapists and/or lifestyle staff who would like to deliver a different meditative and exercise system, based on Tai Chi, for low care and high care residents.
Chair Chi Training is innovative and very different from other Chair and Tai Chi exercise programs:
– As well as incorporating practical skills adapted from Tai Chi, it draws on the principles and power of Appreciative Intelligence®.
– Its adaptability also makes it inclusive as it allows high care residents/clients to participate.
Fee: $352 (includes GST) per workshop – includes comprehensive work book/manual
Location: Central Ringwood Community Centre, Bedford Park, Bedford Road, Ringwood, Vic
Dates: Mon 22 June (Level 1), Tue 23 June (Level 2)
1. Attend Level One workshop
2. Attend Level One and Level Two workshops on consecutive days
3. Onsite workshops available – please contact us for details
About Facilitator/Trainer Chris Bennett
Chris is a Tai Chi teacher who has 27 years experience in learning and teaching Tai Chi. He is also a professional facilitator and trainer in the area of staff development.
During the past two years he has delivered over 350 Chair Chi workshops in Melbourne for both low care and high care residents in more than 20 aged care centres. He has trained aged care staff in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Brisbane.
Feedback from a Recent Workshop
‘Our residents are enjoying their new Chair Chi sessions and are very enthusiastic – they look forward to exercises on a Thursday and are seen performing some of the skills when walking up the corridor’!
Please register here to ensure a place in a workshop/s
(From this page you can add one or both workshops to your shopping cart)
We hope to see you there.